Types of Common Summer Pests
During the summer months, it’s not uncommon to come across a variety of pests like ants in summer. Understanding the different types of pests that are prevalent during this time of year can help you take preventative measures to keep them at bay. Here are some common summer pests to look out for:
- Ants: Warm weather tends to bring out ants in summer in droves. Keep your kitchen clean
and free of crumbs to avoid attracting them.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes are perhaps the most annoying pest of summer. These pesky
insects thrive in warm, humid environments and can leave itchy bites on your skin. Make
sure to eliminate any standing water around your property, as this is where mosquitoes
- Wasps and bees: These stinging insects can be a nuisance during outdoor gatherings. If
you notice a nest on your property, it’s best to call a professional to have it removed.
- Flies: Flies can be a nuisance both inside and outside your home. Flies are attracted to
food and garbage, so make sure to keep your trash cans sealed and clean up any spills or
- Fleas: Fleas can carry diseases such as typhus and cat scratch fever, which can be
transmitted to humans. Regularly grooming and bathing your pets, vacuuming your
home, and using flea-prevention products, like MAPECON DOG IGR, can help keep these
pesky insects at bay.
- Ticks: Ticks are not only annoying but can also transmit diseases like Lyme disease. To get
rid of them, make sure to wear long clothing and use insect repellent when spending time
- Termites: Termites are attracted to moist environments, so it’s important to keep your
home and yard as dry as possible. Regularly inspect your home’s foundation, walls, and
roof for any cracks or openings that termites could use as entry points.
- Rodents: Rodents such as rats and mice can enter homes through small cracks and
openings, so it’s important to seal any potential entry points. Keeping a clean home and
properly storing food can also help prevent rodents from being attracted to your living
How to Determine Which Type of Summer Pest You’re Dealing With
Summer is a time when pests become more active and can be a nuisance to homeowners.
Identifying the type of pest you are dealing with can help you choose the most effective
method for getting rid of it. Here are some tips to help you determine which type of summer pest you’re dealing with:
- Look for physical characteristics such as size, color, and shape.
- Pay attention to the location where you found the pest. For example, mosquitoes are
often found near standing water, while ants in summer tend to be found in kitchens and
other areas where food is stored.
- Listen for sounds that the pest may make.
- Consider any damage the pest may have caused. For example, termites can cause
damage to wooden structures, while rodents may leave droppings or chewed-up
By taking these factors into consideration, you can better determine which type of summer
pest you’re dealing with and take the appropriate steps to get rid of it.
Safe Ways to Prevent Summer Pest Infestations from Occurring in Your Home
Summer is a great time for outdoor activities, but unfortunately, it is also the time when pests
are most active. Here are some tips to help prevent pest infestations from occurring in your
home during the summer months:
- Keep your house clean and tidy: Pests are attracted to clutter and mess, so make sure to
keep your home clean and tidy. Sweep and vacuum regularly, and don’t leave dirty dishes
in the sink. Always wipe down counters and take out the trash.
- Seal cracks and crevices: Pests can enter your home through even the smallest cracks
and crevices. Inspect your home’s exterior for any openings, and seal them with caulk or
- Store food properly: Make sure to store food in airtight containers, and don’t leave pet
food out overnight. Pests are attracted to food, so keeping it properly stored can help
- Keep your yard maintained: Pests often live in yards and gardens, so keeping your yard
maintained can help prevent infestations from occurring. Trim bushes and trees away
from your home, and remove any standing water.
- Use effective insect sprays: When it comes to controlling insect infestations, using
effective insect sprays is an essential step. Apply the spray in areas where the insects are
likely to be found, such as cracks and crevices or along baseboards. Consider using
MAPECON Total Insect Killer BIG-R Plus which is a Botanical Insect Growth Regulator
that is a safer alternative to traditional chemical sprays.
- Prepare bait stations for ants and roaches: These can be effective in controlling pests
without exposing your family to harmful chemicals. Try out MAPECON Cockroach
- Call a professional: If you suspect you have a pest infestation, it’s important to call a
professional pest control company like MAPECON. We can identify the problem and
provide safe and effective treatment options to eliminate the pests from your home.
By following these tips, you can help prevent summer pest infestations from occurring in
your home and enjoy a pest-free summer!
If you are looking for a professional pest control service provider with a proven track record,
call MAPECON for a free consultation and needs assessment. MAPECON could be reached
through the following contact details – phone number (02) 8567 7378, and email address
firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit their website at MAPECON Contact Us Page. Or visit our
Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/mapeconphilippines